Thursday, February 3, 2011









I have appropriated an abandoned foundation on which to develop a mural fashioned in oil stick on an acrylic paint base. The area is commonly used as a "hang out" and tag space. In essence it is a giant ongoing conferencing session, with various tag crews signifying their presence. I have decided, in addition to my other forms of communications in the area, to join this one as well. It is a very direct form of discourse that comes replete with many risks beyond what traditional artists may take. Again it is a give and take atmosphere, and if I inject myself in this arena and come with unrealistic preconceived notions, personal learned luggage handed down by my education and any ideas I may have about artistic permanance, I am going to be sadly frustrated from the get go. This is about true dialogue at its most ancient and creative level. I am sure prehistoric rock paintings discovered about the world are no more than this. Passing conversations to anonymous others reassuring each other that they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment